Immersive, Innovative, and Interactive Experience (IIIE)
A Technology Driven London-Shanghai Partnership in Mixed Realities and Performing Arts
This is an ambitious, interdisciplinary collaborative project aiming to facilitate UK-Shanghai business in the theatre and performance space. It focuses on immersive and mixed reality experiences, via curated networking and partnership building events involving creative IP companies, academics and technical partners in the UK and Shanghai, including a series of Investor Showcases to fund development of concepts/IP surfaced by project partners.
Our UK-Shanghai Consortium will be led by Goldsmiths, University of London, and will include:
- leading UK arts, cultural, immersive and digital content partners
- leading Shanghai arts, tech, immersive and academic partners
The project will result in a sustainable model, boosting economic impact of immersive and strong legacy collaborative R&D space, where project partners will share interest in a commercial distribution company to be set up in Shanghai.
Other than setting up one or more companies in Shanghai, we will also build:
- Goldsmiths Shanghai Research Centre
- A Social VR and online digital platform for knowledge exchange and collaboration, incorporating immersive technology.
Goldsmiths, University of London
- Dr Sylvia Xueni Pan (Goldsmiths Computing) – Joint PI
- Prof Jonny Freeman (Goldsmiths Psychology, i2Media) – Joint PI
- Dr Marco Gillies (Goldsmiths Computing)- Co-I
- Prof William Latham (Goldsmiths Computing) – Co-I
- Annie Gao (Goldsmiths Confucius Institute) – Co-I
Goldsmiths Shanghai Trip 2019