The Neon Pack
Imagining our near future relationship with technology and music
Protopian Tales makes use of immersive technologies to promote a unique form of storytelling for new and emerging audiences. Each story takes place in a near future where extended-reality (XR) technology has become ubiquitous to human existence, enhancing and affecting our everyday lives in both subtle and major ways.
This immersive VR project was supported and jointly-funded by Hope Works, a nationally recognised live music venue in the centre of Sheffield that has hosted an international array of artists since its inception.
Meta Quest 2
- Commissioned by Hope Works
- Directed by Nick Bax
- VR Design & Animation by Dan Fleetwood
- Additional Design by Michaela White
- Based on a short story by Nick Bax
- Soundtrack by 96 Back on CPU Records